Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back To School Time

My kids go back to school in about a month, and I have already started searching the stores for their school supplies.  Last night I bought a few things for Brandi. For some reason, the closer it gets to school starting, the harder it is to find composition notebooks.  I remember one year waiting until the last minute to get the kids supplies, and we could not find composition notebooks anywhere.  I finally ended up buying them at a grocery store for about $3 each, which was crazy.  So, last night, when I saw them at Walmart for fifty cents, I bought a bunch of them.

My kids are older now, so their supply lists have changed.  I no longer have to supply their classrooms with baggies and tissues.  Those things have been replaced with scientific calculators and three ring binders, which happen to be way more expensive.  I don't remember having to buy so many supplies when I was in school.  All I needed was a pen and a notebook for each class and I was set.

Ryan is taking drivers education first semester, which is going to cost me some money.  He's also going to be going to the trade school again second semester.  I'm not sure exactly what he is taking there, though I am pretty sure it has something to do with cars. I wish he was taking the construction course, because that class actually builds a house, complete with composite shutters and vinyl siding.  They have the kids do all the electrical work, too.  When the house is complete, they are able to sell it.  Pretty cool, right?

No comments: