Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF?

The one thing I hate about summer is that the days blend together. We went last night and got the kids a kiddie pool. My dreams of a real pool were dashed yesterday when I went to the irs website to find out when we're getting our check. I thought it was going to be for $2100, but it's only for $1500. I don't get my $600. I guess it's because I don't work outside the home...I really have no idea. But since we borrowed money when hubby was out of work, and we need to get a new car, the money is spent. All of it. Gone. I'm not even getting an anniversary dinner. But anyway.....Hubby has to work on father's day. This is really bumming out the kiddo's. This is the first year he won't be home. The kids asked if we could go meet him for lunch, and I thought that was a wonderful idea. Without the kids knowing, I spoke to hubby about it, and he decided it would be best if he just came home for his lunch hour, so I think that's what we're going to do. The kids have been home a couple of weeks, and they are bored already. I need some ideas for things to do, at home, that are cheap! We have the slip and slide, and now the kiddie pool, but it's been so hot, I was trying to think of indoor things. Yesterday, I cleaned out all of boo's drawers and her closet. I have a pile of clothes to give to faith, and a bunch more I threw away, that had more holes than anything. I need to do kasi and ryan's rooms, too. Maybe next week. I have to go pay a few bills this morning, then when I get home I want to work on a baby blanket for my niece. I bought the softest yarn last night with my babysitting money. Well, I guess I need to stop typing and get everyone up. Have a wonderful friday!

No comments: