Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Driving

My sister, Tami, and her family are here from New York. They left their house Christmas night and drove straight through. It's about a twelve hour drive, and when you do it overnight you miss a lot of the traffic. She has three boys; Michael, Kyle and Kevin. Now, when I tell you she is the ultimate soccer mom, I'm not kidding. Even though her kids don't actually play soccer, they do play other sports. There's hockey, and baseball, and their favorite, football. She is always picking kids up and dropping them off somewhere. Her littlest guy, Kevin, isn't old enough yet for all the teams, so he spends a lot of time in the car, watching his brothers go from place to place. My sister has a TV in her SUV, and it is able to play video games. This kept the kids occupied on the drive down, and also lets Kevin have something to do when she is taking the other boys to their sporting events. My kids and I were in the car with her yesterday, and they loved it, too. I am going to look into getting a Car Headrest Monitor for our van. It would make trips so much more peaceful if the kids could have something to do, other than fighting with each other. These car headrest monitors even come with headphones, so I wouldn't have to listen to what they are watching. They can play games with wireless controllers, and these headrest DVD players will keep the kids entertained for hours. Happy kids and happy parents make trips so much more enjoyable.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

hi love... i left you something on my blog... well am leaving something there now... working on getting it posted.

i'll be back to read this ASAP!!

xoxoxo

Donna said...

Happy New Year Sweetheart!!!hughugs

Anonymous said...

I wanted to drop by and wish you a wonderful New Year!