Monday, December 15, 2008

Watch For Ryan

I am still struggling to even out the gifts for the kids. Ryan is still behind, yet I keep buying things for the girls. I love all the makeup kits and perfume and fun stuff for my daughters, and I find the boy stuff boring. I know, I'm pathetic. There are a few things my husband really wants to get him, like BB gun, that I haven't decided on yet. I know he is 13, and he would never be allowed to touch it without my husband present, but it still makes me nervous. I long for the days of play dough and tinker toys.

He does need a new watch, and he has asked for a new orange one. I found one, years ago, that was Tony Stewart, his favorite race car driver. It was black and orange, and he wore it every day. Eventually, it broke, and he has been wanting a new one ever since. But, it is very hard to find a black and orange watch.

I was browsing the internet, and found some Stylish Watches. Imagine my surprise when I noticed this black and orange one. It is perfect for him! It is even solar powered, so I wouldn't have to worry about batteries.

These TOCS watches have been the talk of the town lately, with People Magazine calling it a "Sporty and cheeky weekend watch. Water-resistant watch with silicone rubber band and acrylic case" in their Guilt-Free Shopping, October 2008 edition.

I wonder if I order it toady if it would be here by Christmas?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

cool watch. and solar powered? very cool. my boss when i worked at the dental office had a watch the when he moved his wrist or arm it would charge up the battery or whatever was in it... so he never had to replace the batteries... it worked perfect... since he was always using his hands and moving it around. :)

i bet ryan would love this watch. but i'm not sure you could def. get it in time for x-mas.

i know trevor wants a "real" watch.. he has only had junkie kids ones... but at 5, i'm not sure he is really ready for a real watch. who knows. but we'll wait it out.

xoxox o