Monday, January 12, 2009

Rain Damage

Remember last week when I told you all about the tree that fell in my front yard? That same day, I noticed some leaks in the kitchen ceiling. It was raining pretty bad the whole night before, and when I woke up we had a huge puddle in front of our washing machine. The worst part was that it not only leaked from above, but the water ran down our wall, too. Now the paneling is bucked out, and it has water stains running down it. Luckily, because we rent, we do not have to file it with the homeowners insurance, because that is the rental agency's responsibility. Once they fix it, I think I am going to paint the whole kitchen a cheery color. The rental agency said I need to stick with neutral colors, but we'll see. I could always repaint when we decide to move.

I mentioned that we do not have home insurance. I know we need some renters insurance, and plan on looking into that when we get our tax refund. If you are looking for discount homeowners insurance, check out the link. You may find a better deal than what you have now. You can get a quote online, with no obligation. It just may be less than what you're paying now.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you have a big mess on your hands. Good luck with everything.