Friday, April 3, 2009

My Family's Security

I grew up in New York. We lived on Long Island, in a neighborhood where we were allowed to play in the street. I remember our favorite game was box ball. All you need was chalk to draw a line, and a ball. Many a contest was held to find the box ball champion.

I never felt scared living where we did. Maybe I was just naive. I do remember one time, when I was home alone, someone knocked on our front door. I was a teenager, I think, but I don't remember exactly how old. Anyway, I peeked out the side window, and could see that it was a group of churchgoers going door to door handing out literature. I wasn't interested because I already belonged to an awesome church, so I didn't answer the door. As I was waiting for them to leave, I heard the front doorknob turn. I couldn't believe it! I had never been so scared before. Thank goodness the door was locked! I felt very foolish when I realized, after they left, that they were just hanging their literature on the doorknob.

Now that I am a mom, I am even more concerned with the security of my home and family. My husband and I are thinking about installing a wireless security system. Protect America Home Security seems to be the best option for us. They have cheaper rates than other security systems, and their equipment on certain packages is free. I was looking at their Silver Package, and it has a lot to offer. You can get a talking control panel, 10 entry point sensors, internal siren and door chime, one button arming, three window decals and a yard sign for free. You just pay the $34.95 monthly monitoring fee. Of course they have other packages, and you are sure to find one that caters to your specific needs. If you call this number right now, 877-470-2751, you can get two key chain remotes with your order.

Post?slot_id=35357&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It really is a different world today from when we were kid's.