Friday, November 27, 2009

My Deal Of The Day

I went shopping today....just not at 2am. I waited until about 3pm to venture out, and walmart and hobby lobby were mt only two stops. I found a bunch of wood ornaments for the tree for 40% off at hobby lobby. Of course, the selection was picked over, but the ones I found were pretty cute. I like to do a picture ornament for each kid every year, and I found really cute ones for this year.

The best deal, though, was to be found at walmart. I found two PS2 games for Ryan for $7 each. One is a fishing game, and the other is a jeep racing game. They aren't "have to have" games, but I know he will love them.

I also found a copy of one of my favorite movies, Music And Lyrics, for $2. That's right, I said $2. I wish we had gotten to walmart earlier, because I would have loved to have seen what other movies they had for $2. I was lucky to have found this one hidden in the bottom of the pile.

I believe it was the last one.

They had a few other things I would have liked to have gotten, but I had the kids with me, and it was luck that I had the video games in the buggy. They had fleece blankets for $4 each, and the girls were begging for them. I wish I could have snuck them in the buggy for Christmas, but oh well.

I am going to have to get someone to watch the kids when Junior and I find the money to go shopping for the rest of their Christmas.

If we ever find the money, that is.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I stayed away from the madness but all 3 of the older girls worked it. Glad you found some, hope they have what you want for good prices when you are ready.

Donna said...

I have Not even started....lordy. Just shopping for the little ones this year...no adult gifts. That should help!hahaa...hughugs

Donna said...

PS- I LOVE the family header!!!

Ann said...

you got some great deals there. I've only bought 1 gift so far, time and money are two things that are just not on my side at Christmas time

StaceyC4 said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how bummed I am to have missed out on these deals (which I normally get every year) because I was up in the stupid mountains!! I'm glad you had success, though!

Catherine said...

What great deals! I decided to stay home and venture out during the weekend when the crowd calms down a little!

A Lil Enchanted said...

Glad you found some great deals! I hate when I find something I want to get for someone and they're with me so I can't get it... and you know when you finally go back it will be gone :(

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Carrie said...

There is nothing better then finding a great deal!
We spent a few hours shopping at the mall and it was crazy enough for me.
All most finished shopping here!

Miss ya,
I check out your blog still everynight at work. Wish I could comment there because it is hard to find at home.

take care!

Kristin said...

well, you still nabbed some great deals even after the rush was over! So, good for you!
And This has been the first time I saw the new Christmas look on your blog, and I absolutely adore it! What a beautiful, beautiful family!

:)

aasmaliana said...

Kids, thinking of them make we want to strive better for the future. If we work hard then we will loose a bit time with them. But that the way is. Be it just 1 day a week but most important thing it is a quality time...

Tammy said...

I was out there in the crazy crowds not as early as most. I hit the stores at about 7:00 am. I did find some good deals and I'm happy I have a start to my shopping. Love your family picture on your header.