Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I See School Supplies!

I appreciate the guest post, Rodrigo Coffey

Shopping for back to school supplies is exciting. Searching online and in the sales circulars to find who has school supplies on sale is a must. Most times I find that Wal-Mart usually has some really good sales - if you catch them early!

I have to purchase uniforms, composition books, spiral notebooks, pencils, three-ring binders, filler paper and a book bag for my daughter. I compare the prices I see advertised in the circular with the prices I see online and in the store. Sometimes Wal-Mart will offer online only specials and then you really save on time while you shop!

Before I leave out I have to set mydoor home security in Virginiasince my daughter goes with me when I shop for school supplies. She loves butterflies and fairies so as long as I find her a couple of packs of pencils with butterflies and fairies on them she's okay. One year I was lucky enough to find a book bag with butterflies on it that my daughter loved. Maybe this year I'll get lucky again!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Urgh, I don't care too much for this. Only because here it is so flipping expensive! Almost 70 dollars for just William alone and then probably the same for Sam plus a flash drive on top of it so they can save their school work if they need to add to it once they get home! SO, about 150 plus for supplies here...and I havent started yet either. Just yesterday registered them so I have 2 more weeks to go and buy...

jenn said...

Crystal ~ Ryan needed a flash drive too, and I found a 1GB for $4.99 at Target. (not sure how much space Sam needs, but for school work, I think this will work for Ryan) My kids start Monday, and thankfully I got most of their supplies already. My mom helps every year, which helps me tremendously!