Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Parenthood And Dexter

Parenthood.  A show about four siblings raising their kids, and the relationships that happen along the way. 

Dexter.  A show about a forensics expert who secretly kill people.

You wouldn't think that these two shows would have anything in common.  But they do.  And the thing they have in common is keeping me from watching one of them, even though I really liked this show in the past.  Thoroughly confused?  Okay, check this out:
An innocent picture of Parenthood co-stars Peter Krause and Lauren Graham.  Did you know they are dating in real life?  Yeah, after I found out that juicy little tidbit, I couldn't watch the show anymore.  I tried, and it was the episode where she goes to work for his company, but to me, it's just weird to watch them play siblings on television knowing they are dating in real life.  Every time they looked at each other on screen, I was a little creeped out.  Weird, yes.  I know.  But that's me.

Did you also know that Dexter siblings, Dexter and Debra Morgan are really married in real life?
That's right.  Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are a real life married couple.  I thought this would weird me out, too, but it doesn't.  I think because I have been watching this show since it started, and I seriously love it, it's not an issue for me.  Sure, there are hugs that look a little more "loving" than "sibling-y" (yes, I just made up that word) but not enough to push me away.

I was trying to think of more celebrity couples who play siblings, but I'm coming up black.  Do you know of any, and does it affect your watching their shows?

2 comments:

Tara Beaulieu said...

LOL, I watch both of these shows and just thought of a funny coincidence- Michael C Hall and Peter Krause played siblings on Six Feet Under! :)

jenn said...

Tara ~ I never watched that show, but that is a funny coincidence.