Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bank Of America Called

Yesterday I received an email from Mom Central, saying that The Bank Of America really liked the post I did about their banking options last month and that they were wondering if I would like to be featured in their annual report as a customer testimonial.  Now, for those of you who know me, you know I have an almost manic fear of being around people I don't know or of being in the spotlight.  I am a very happy wallflower.  From what I understood from the email, I would be contacted by phone for a short interview, and maybe a picture of my family would be used.  Sounded simple enough, right?

So yesterday afternoon I received an email from Bank Of America, saying that they would love to get in touch with me about this whole interview thing.  Of course, I am freaking out a little, but I agree because, let's face it, this is a pretty awesome opportunity.  Nothing is guaranteed, mind you, until the final editing is done, but still.

Today, I received a phone call from them, and oh. my. goodness!  I am blown away by all of it!  The woman I spoke to said that I am in the front of the line for the category I am in, and wants to send out a professional photographer to take pictures.  She said they would fly someone in from NY.  Oh, and there would be a makeup artist, too, who will make me all pretty.  We tentatively set the date for February 7th to take the pictures.

How much weight do you think I can lose between now and then?  And what will I wear?  Should I color my hair before then, or leave it the way it is?  I think I need to go shopping!

24 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

OMG That is so cool!!!

jenn said...

Tammy ~ I know, right? I just wish I wasn't so nervous!

Dawn said...

What a neat and fun opportunity for you !! :) I am so happy for you ! With your tax money, go get a fun outfit, remember you will be published all over the place !! :) Get your hair done, remember you will be published, all over the place !! :) Have fun with it !! :) You will be published all over the place !! :) You ROCK !! You do have an awesome blog !! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool! Get your hair done, no gray, but then you're probably not old enough. If all else fails I'll share my gourmet cinnamon rolls with ya!

jenn said...

Dawn ~ stop freaking me out more! lol!!

jenn said...

Marilyn ~ I do have some gray...in fact, they seem to be multiplying daily lately...what's up with that?

Silvergirl said...

wow, congrats!! make your self relax during the interview :) keep smiling tho your so nervous :P

Trish said...

Dawn I think you may have scared her! LOL

I'd force Bob to go shopping in high end ritzy stores....when that doesnt work if you wanna go out on one of my days off let me know ;)

Tammy said...

OMG yes you need to go shopping!!!! This is just great. So very exciting. I told you they would love you.

jenn said...

Silvergirl ~ I'll try...maybe I'll have a drink or two beforehand....just kidding :)

jenn said...

Trish ~ Bob is no fun to shop with...we may have to do a girls shopping trip to find me something...I seriously have nothing nice to wear.

jenn said...

Tammy ~ thanks! I am pretty lovable ;p

Dawn said...

I was just teasing you !! :) Really, go shopping and buy something nice !! :) Also, get copies of those photos !! :) I can't wait to hear more about this !! :)

jenn said...

Dawn ~ I know ;p I plan on going shopping, and it is my goal to not buy a completely black outfit...I probably will, but I'm going to try not to.

Amethystmoon said...

OMG That is so exciting! Goes to prove the power of your voice!

jenn said...

Amethyst Moon ~ Thanks. I am slowly feeling better about it...I'm not as freaked out as I was...in fact, I am kind of excited about it!

Trish said...

Ok so name the time/place (during school hours, i'm off Monday) (he he he) and I'm not to let you buy Black. Ok...That I can do. Other then that...not sure how much help I can be! LOL

jenn said...

Trish ~ can't shop til the tax money comes in....I'll let you know!

auto loan said...

That's an opportunity you should take.

Karen said...

That is awesome! Just be yourself. You are so pretty, the camera will show that!

Lidian said...

That is so so cool, Jenn!

jenn said...

auto loan ~ I am looking forward to it now...I think the more I think about it, the more excited I get.

jenn said...

Karen ~ Thanks you! I just hope they photoshop it a bit...lol!

jenn said...

Lidian ~ it is, right? I just hope I do well.