Thursday, January 27, 2011

Money. I Need More Of It

It's been three days since my last post?  How did that happen?  Oh wait.  I know.  I have been obsessively researching computers and cameras online so that when our tax check comes in tomorrow, I can spend my money wisely. 

And speaking of money, why does it seem like there is never enough?  I had planned on not only getting myself a laptop, but a new desktop computer as well.  I planned on spending no more than $1200 on both. 

I must have been living in my own little world.  It is pretty much impossible to get both for that amount of money.  Or should I say, it's impossible to get reputable computers for that much.  The laptop I decided on costs $600 by itself.  That's not including the software I have to buy to go on it, or the wireless mouse and laptop case I have my eye on.  So, instead of settling on a less than stellar desktop, I am going to buy a new computer desk and bookshelf to make my "office" a little less confined, and buy a new flat screen monitor for the computer I have.  My dad suggested I go to a pawn shop for that, so hopefully I can find one pretty cheap.

Now I need to find a way to make more money.  I love working from home, and it doesn't make sense for me to go back to work right now.  I wish we had the funds to look into some Dallas investment property and make money that way.  I've heard you can make a lot of money with investment properties, and I am pretty sure that Bob and I could manage the renovations ourselves.  You all saw the pictures of the renovations he did in my mom's kitchen and dining room.  He does great work!  Living in South Carolina, we would have to rely on the internet to find the perfect Dallas investment property.  Thankfully, MyHouseDeals.com offer free access to investment property leads.  I love that thanks to the internet, people from anywhere can find out what they need to know about anywhere else.  Did you follow that?

For now, I guess I'll just have to dream about investment properties.  Maybe someday we can find the time and money to invest in a home, but for now, I'll have to find another way to make some money.  Maybe I'll go back to clipping coupons.  I wonder how many times I'll have to save $.55 before I have enough money for that new computer?

8 comments:

Vincent Grasso said...

Jen - Check in on your blog every now and then from NY. Great work - I wish I had the discipline to blog regularly.

Go to dell.co and check out a mini-netbook ($299) and a decent desktop ($499) to see if they meet your needs.

Also, unless you have money to pay a mortgage on a property to can hold for 18 - 24 months, it is a terrible investment. The market is poorly situated to "flip" houses these days and you could end up losing everything.

Good Luck.

Vin

jenn said...

Hey Vinny! It's been a while, huh?

Thanks for the advice. I'll check them out. I have been doing so much research, and my mind is in information overload!

The Budget Diet said...

Hello! Check out The Budget Diet...it's a diet for your wallet, not your waistline! Money saving tips for every area of your life!

jenn said...

The Budget Diet ~ I love saving money...I'll have to check out your site.

Dawn said...

A new lap top, a new camera and a new monitor and desk!?!?! That is awesome !! :) So happy for you !! :)

jenn said...

Thanks dawn!

auntietina said...

Check out Craigslist for the desk and bookshelf. I have found stuff that just needed a good cleaning or a coat of paint to make it look fantastic.

jenn said...

auntietina ~ we actually found our current home on Craigslist! I love that site. Thanks for the idea.