Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Secret To Making A Move Easier

I am a pro at packing and moving.  I mean, in the past three years, we have moved twice.  It was not fun at all, but I learned the best way to pack and the best way to move.  Do you want to know my secret?

Pay someone else to do it all. 

No, I'm kidding.  Kind of.  The packing needs to be done by me, because let's face it, I am the only one who will care if my elephants make it safely to their new home.  As far as the moving part?  Well, let the professionals help.  With abf upack moving, you pack and load the truck yourself, and then have a professional come and drive all your belongings to your new place.  Trust me when I tell you this is a lot easier than making fifty trips in a pickup truck.  

Thankfully, I have no plans on moving again anytime soon.  Well, maybe next year, because we want to buy our own place.  At least I know how to pack!

14 comments:

Trish said...

When we came here 4 years ago we did all the packing....we let them do the loading and moving though, guess when your going 5 states it's best.

Oh yes...found an elephant for you, but Bob wont look at the magazine!

jenn said...

Trish ~ you should know by now that Bob is only decoration around here! lol! You need to let ME see the magazine.

Trish said...

Is tomorrow to late? It's realllllly Cute!!!! OH OH!!! And there is a 2 FOOT tall one in there too!

jenn said...

Trish ~ Tomorrow is perfect...I'll have MONEY tomorrow! lol!

Trish said...

Is tomorrow here yet?

jenn said...

Trish ~ where are we going to EAT???? I want something GGGGOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!

Trish said...

Oh that's a good question!! I assume we should not let Bob pick! Caitlynn's mad at me now, she's going to Daddy's.....

jenn said...

Trish ~ no...if bob's pick we'll end up eating at the Beacon.

Trish said...

Ok forget him...no Beacon! Remember, if we dont like his choice, we take my van ;)

jenn said...

Trish ~ LOL!

Tammy said...

Moving sure is NOT fun. I moved across the country twice I will never do it again.

jenn said...

Tammy ~ I'm with you...no more moving.

Nona said...

I moved from my hometown to savannah a little bit at at ime. Then I only moved across the street. i've never had a real one huge move before.

jenn said...

Nona ~ I hope you never have to...it's a pain! The only good thing about it is that I always purge when I do and get rid of the things we haven't used in years.