Saturday, February 5, 2011

All It Needs To Do Is Tell Time

 A few months ago, my husband was honored at work with a watch.  Unfortunately, last week the second hand fell off and the watch is useless.  I am sure we could get it fixed, but I have no idea how much that will cost.  I am thinking it might be easier, and cheaper, to just buy him a new watch.

I was looking online, and there are so many choices.  Some watches, like the one he was wearing, simply tell the time and date.  Other watches tell the time, both digitally and regularly, as well as the date.  Then there are the ones that have so many features they are hard to understand.  Take this Citizen Atomic Watch, for instance.   Check out the face of this thing:
It can tell you what time it is in 43 different cities.  It has a bunch of other features, too, but to be honest, as long as it tells time, it serves it's purpose.  I have issues with being late.  I have to arrive on time, if not a little early for everything I do.  I think it has something to do with the fact that I hate being kept waiting, so I hate keeping others waiting on me.  Wearing a watch helps me make sure I am where I am supposed to be, when I am supposed to be there.  Bob is the same way, especially with work.  He relies on his watch to make sure he is on time clocking in from breaks and such, so we really do need to replace it. 

I think I'll let him pick out his own watch, though.  We have very different taste about these things.

No comments: