Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Car Repairs

A friend of mine called me today with car issues.  She took her car in for an oil change and now it's not running at all.  My ex looked at it, and says the motor is locked up.  Of course, it had to be something the mechanic did, and of course they claim they did nothing wrong.  The thing is, the car was running when they pulled it into the shop, and after they were done, it wouldn't even crank.  I went up there to see what was going on and offer whatever support I could, and eventually the mechanic pulled it back into the shop to check it out.

In my opinion, they should have to fix it free of charge since they obviously did something wrong.  They said they couldn't fix it until tomorrow, which leaves my friend without a vehicle.  Plus, they said they aren't going to do anything if they decide it's not their fault.  My poor friend is going to have to find a discount car rental place so she can at least get her daughter back and forth to school.  I know first hand how hard is it to be without a running vehicle, so I can sympathize with her.

No comments: