Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas

 I am really stressing about finding money for Christmas gifts.  I am not sure my own kids are going to have much under the tree, so I know I won't be able to afford gifts for my nieces and nephews.  You have no idea how much this is breaking my heart.  They shouldn't have to be neglected because I am tight on money, but I don't know what to do.  I have nine nephews and six nieces, so even toys for infants are out of my budget.  I used to make the kids gifts, but this year I just don't have the time.  Or the money to buy the supplies to make anything.

It's hard when every cent coming in has to go towards the bills, but that's how things are for me right now.  I told my kids they may wake up Christmas morning to IOU's in their stockings.  By this time every year, I am usually so excited about the holiday season.  This year, I just don't feel the same. I plan on putting up my tree this weekend, which I hope will help get us all into the holiday spirit.

If not, I am sure once I start baking my Christmas cookies the smell alone will get me excited about Christmas.

No comments: