Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting Older

I am not afraid of getting older.  In fact, I am looking forward to turning 40 in February.  Weird, right?  Most women I know dread turning 40, but for me, I see it as a new beginning.  I will be getting divorced soon after my birthday, and I am excited about starting a new life as a single woman.  Sure, I'm kind of dating now, but nothing serious.  My kids have never met the guy I am seeing, and I want to keep it that way for now.  If, and that's a big if, we ever do get serious, then I will let the kids meet him.  But for now, he is all mine, and I am enjoying ever second of it.

When I do get older, hopefully I won't be alone.  I hope to someday, maybe, get married again.  I would hate to think that there isn't someone out there I am meant to be with.  I do want to grow old with someone, and be able to look into senior living communities with a husband someday.  I want to have someone by my side when I play with my grandkids.  I want to have someone who will be by my side when I am wearing adult diapers and drooling on myself.

For now, though, I am going to play.  It's fun.

No comments: