Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Money

I am desperately trying to come up with ways to make a little extra money in the next couple of weeks so that my kids will have a few more gifts under the tree Christmas morning.  I know there are odd jobs to be found, my problem is finding something I can fit into my already tight schedule.

A friend of mine does house cleaning, which sounds like it would be an easy way to make extra money, but I honestly don't know if I have it in me to clean a stranger's bathroom.  I mean, I used to have to clean the restrooms when I worked fast food, so I guess it's not that much different.  Right?  I also know someone who cleans office buildings at night, which would be okay if I could find someone to watch my kids.  There are places like green cleaning oklahoma city who hire people to clean commercial businesses, but I think I would want to find places on my own, that way I am paid directly.  Does anyone know if businesses do that?  Hire people off the streets to vacuum their floors and wash their windows?  You might need to have some type of license or something.

I know Christmas is only a little over two weeks away, so I am probably out of luck.  I do have gifts for the kids, though not as many as I would like.  The good thing is, none of my kids believe in Santa anymore, so they understand that I did the best I could.  In fact, Brandi found my stash of gifts and admitted to me that there wasn't a lot there.  When I told her I wished there was more, she said to me, and I quote, "Christmas is about family, not presents, so it's okay, mom".

I seriously have the sweetest kid in the world!

1 comment:

merlmd said...

your daughter is right...my family and I will have a very simple Christmas this year as I am currently out of a job. But that's okay, Christmas is not about gifts anyway. Have a Happy Christmas!