Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Weight

I haven't really written anything lately about my weight.  Mostly because I seem to be at a standstill.  I am still about a hundred pounds lighter than I was a couple of years ago, but I haven't lost anything recently.  I am pretty proud of the fact that I haven't gained any of the weight back (except for about 3 pounds thanks to Thanksgiving) because those of you dieters know, losing weight for obese people hardly ever "sticks".  I can not tell you how many times I have lost 30 or 40 pounds only to gain back 50 or 60.  So keeping this weight off for almost 6 months is something to be proud of.

I know what it will take to lose the rest of this weight.  No, it's not going to be something as sinple as investing in bariatric products or starving myself.  What I need to do is start exercising again.  My problem is; there just are not enough hours in the day.  By the time I get home from work at night I am exhausted.  All I want to do is sit down, put my feet up, and be lazy.  It's a good thing the kids help out around the house, too, because I have been pretty slack in that department as well.

What I need to do is make myself commit to at least 30 minutes on the wii every day.  You wouldn't think this would be too hard because I love my wii fit.  But, like I said, I am in lazy mode these days.  I blame the weather.  It gets dark so early now, and by 7pm I am ready for bed.  Getting up at 5 every morning doesn't help, either.

What tricks do you use to stay motivated to exercise?

2 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

I definitely agree that it is hard to stay motivated to exercise in this weather. I do really well exercising regularly through the spring through early fall and then fall off in winter. Setting a goal like that is a good start!

The Host said...

I have found that I'm never going to find time. So I have to fit exercise into what I'm doing anyway. Maybe it's walking for an extra stop before hopping on the subway, or using the stroller instead of the car to pick up my daughter a couple of times a week. OK, your kids are older so that last one clearly won't work, but you get the idea... Stairs instead of escalators, park far, far away from the store. Make multiple trips to bring in the groceries.