Friday, December 9, 2011

Michael Masterson Can Show You How To Reach Your Goals

We all have things we need to work on in our lives.  Not one of us is perfect.  I know, that comes as a shock to some of you, because if you are like me, you really do think you are.

No, I'm kidding.  I know there are things I have to work on, the biggest one here lately is forgiveness.  A lot has changed in my life this past year, and most of it was not by my choice.  If you are a long time reader, you know that last February, my husband left.  When he walked out the door, he left me unemployed, without a drivers license, and basically, no hope for my future.  I can not tell you how thankful I was that I was already seeing a therapist, because without her, I do not know what I would have done. 

What I did was put on my big girl panties.  I got my license and a job within a few weeks, and I moved the kids and I to an apartment that I could afford on my own.  I learned how to support myself, and most importantly, how to depend on myself.  You see, I was dependent on other people all my life.  There was no reason for me to get my license because there was always someone to drive me where I needed to go.  Well, that I and my paralyzing fear of being behind the wheel.  I also didn't need to work, because even though we struggled financially, we made the decision for me to be home with my kids. 

I forgave my husband for leaving me.  A lot of people couldn't believe I did, but I knew right away that I couldn't live my life hating him.  I hate what he did to me, but I can't change it, so why let it consume me?  But, I am having a hard time forgiving the woman he left me for.  You see, she hasn't exactly been nice to my kids.  That is why I can't forgive her.  It's not the impact she had on my life that angers me but the impact she has on my kids lives

I found this video of Michael Masterson where he talks about achieving the goals, both professionally and personally, that you set for yourself.  You can even sign up for his Early To Rise program, which is an online email newsletter offering self help tips, online money making tips, goal setting, success secrets and healthier living advice.  I am going to sign up, because I need daily affirmations that I am doing the right things.  I want to be a success, not just professionally, but as a mom.  I also want to set a goal for the new year.  I know, you are rolling you eyes.  New Year's resolutions never last long, but I am going to try and forgive not just this particular woman, but all the people who have doubted me or negatively impacted my life this past year.  I have found happiness, and I don't want my unwillingness to forgive to get in the way of that. 

I love this new life I have created not just for myself, but for my kids as well. 

No comments: