Thursday, May 31, 2012

Clothes

I am not a good shopper, especially when it comes to clothes.  It used to be because I really could not fit into a  lot of things because of my huge chest.  After my breast reduction, everything I tried on made me look pregnant, because I was so fat.  Now that I have lost almost one hundred pounds, clothes fit me better, but I am not a good judge of what looks good on.  For instance, I can love a top on someone else, but if I were to see it in the store, I would probably overlook it because, well, I don't know why.  I like solid colors, not prints. I guess you could say my taste is kind of boring.  I used to wear a lot of black, and while I do have some black tops and pants, I am gravitating more towards brown nowadays.

I know when people look at me, they are judging me by what I am wearing.  Maybe not on a conscience level, but I was once told that the way you dress influences the way other people treat you.  I didn't use to believe that, but now I kind of do.  I know that now that I am dressing better, I have more confidence. Feeling better about myself makes me friendlier towards people, which in turn makes them friendlier towards me.  Maybe it has more to do with my new found confidence than my outward appearance, but who knows.

I can always tell when my boss has a meeting to go to by the way he dresses each day.  If he shows up in jeans and a tshirt, I know he's doing deliveries like me.  If he is wearing one of his custom made suits, I know he will be going to some type of meeting.  I'm glad that I can show up for work in shorts and a nice top, no matter what my day has in store.  While LS Mens Clothing looks great on, I am sure even my boss is more comfortable in his jeans, especially now that it is so hot outside.

I am excited to lose the rest of this weight so that I can go out and try to find new clothes to buy.  I may have to take a couple of my girlfriends with me, because like I said, I am not good at picking things out.

No comments: