Sunday, June 3, 2012

Randomness

I know I have been saying this a lot lately, but I can not believe how fast time seems to be going by these days. My kids are already out of school for the summer, and I am proud of each of them for doing their best throughout the year.  Ryan has to go to summer school for four weeks because he failed biology, but that's okay.  Science was never my strong point either.

We don't have any vacation plans for the summer, mostly because I can't afford for us to get away.  But, I will try my best to make sure we do things on the weekends I have the kids.  I know they get bored being at home every day while I work, and after work I have been going to Curves.  That means I usually don't get home until somewhere between six and seven o'clock, and by that time, I am ready to relax.  I wish there were more hours in a day, that way I could squeeze in some pool time at my mom's, but I'm not sure how often that will happen.  We did swim yesterday...I have the sunburn to prove it!

Work has been good.  Last week I messed up a bunch, but my boss understands, so all is good.  He even let me work some overtime Friday night by doing a run to Charlotte, which will bring in some much needed extra money.

Things are good between the ex and me, though I have put my foot down and told him the girls are no longer allowed to spend time at his house because of issues with his girlfriend.  I know she likes to think I had some influence on how they feel about her, but in reality, they are old enough to form their own opinions, and they have.  My ex is supposed to be getting his own place in the next couple of weeks, so visitation will go back to normal then.

I guess that's about it.  I wish I had more exciting things to write, but my life has been kind of boring lately, which is how I like it!

No comments: