Monday, September 6, 2010

Flies

For the past couple of weeks, I have been having the worst problem with flies.  For some reason, they love to fly around the window above my kitchen sink.  The problem with this is that I have some pretty window clings on the window, and the flies keep getting stuck in them.  Can you see them all?

Everyday I have to pick off the dead flies, and to be honest, I am getting pretty grossed out by it.  I told my girls this morning that I am taking down all the clings, because even after I pull the dead flies off, there are still wings and body parts stuck to them. 

Now I just need to find more clings to go on the window.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I thought the sticky part of the window cling was against the glass.. how do the flies get stuck to them? Is it sticky on both sides or something? Our flies get stuck between the window.. like between the window and screen... and then, I open up the window, and there are fly corpses on the bottom. yuck.

jenn said...

Kristin ~ You're right...but these have been on my window since February when we moved in, and the sun has made them a sticky mess. I am not looking forward to cleaning all the goo off my window when the clings finally come down.

Crystal said...

When we lived with mom she tried putting a baggy full of water outside on the porch to keep the flies away and it worked!

jenn said...

We did that, too, and it didn't work.