Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Future

I think about this a lot these days.  I want the best for me and my kids, and that means that I need to find a way to make sure we have enough money coming into the house.  Right now, I work part time for minimum wage.  With the child support I get, I am able to pay my bills every month, but there is never any money left over for fun stuff.  My kids ask every week if we can go out to eat, and the best I can manage is going to McDonald's and getting a couple of value meals which we then split between us.  They don't ever complain, but I want to be able to do more for them.

A couple of people have suggested that I go back to school.  I am not opposed to the idea, I just don't have the money or time for that right now.  I know a lot of places like WaldenU.edu have great online programs.  I can't imagine finding the time to actually attend regular classes at a college nearby, so looking into Walden University's online degree programs is something I am seriously considering.  I am not sure exactly what I want to study, but there was a time when teaching was something I seriously thought about.  I would want to work with little kids, maybe kindergarten or first grade. 

If you want to take classes online, you can learn about Walden by clicking the link.

No comments: