Sunday, December 11, 2011

Vacation To Anywhere

Tax time is coming, which means I will finally have a little "mad money" to spend on myself.  This is the last year my husband and I will file together, which means it's also the last year we will get a pretty sizable refund.  I have been thinking a lot about taking some of that money and taking a vacation.  I haven't been on a vacation in years, and now that I have a certain someone in my life, I think it would be nice to get away together for a weekend. 

If I could get more than a weekend off from work I would consider taking a cruise somewhere.  I have always wanted to take a cruise.  It wouldn't matter to me where the ship goes, either.  I would love to go somewhere warm or tropical, or somewhere cold and beautiful.  I would enjoy Cancun as much as patagonia tours.  I would also enjoy a weekend in the mountains.  Heck, I would enjoy a weekend locally in a fancy hotel with room service and an indoor pool.  And in room massages.  And cable television.  I miss television. 

I guess all I really want is a weekend where I can shut out the rest of the world and just enjoy the company of a good friend.  And relax.  I miss relaxing. 

No comments: