Friday, March 30, 2012

I Have The Papers

My dad printed out all the papers that I will need to finally file for divorce.  I've had them for about a week now, and honestly, aside from making copies (just in case I mess up I have extras!) I haven't even looked at them.  I have been so busy. Between working and the kids and Curves (I have a post in mind about that experience) and blogging, I don't have much time for anything else.  

I also think a part of me is worried that I will not be prepared, and the judge will throw out the case.  I don't want that to happen.  Not only because I really want my divorce, but I don't want to have to pay another $150 to refile.  From what my dad told me, the case is simple, because my ex and I agree on everything.  I have been getting the same amount of child support for a while now, and I'm doing just fine with it.  I don't need an Arizona Alimony Lawyer because I am not seeking alimony.  In reality, since I was a stay at home mom for so long, I probably could have been awarded alimony, but I would rather go out and work everyday and earn my own money.  I love my job, and I have never been happier. Not that being a stay at home mom wasn't an important job, but it's nice to get up every morning knowing I have something to do instead of sitting on the computer all day.

I plan on sitting down with my ex one night next week to go over the papers and fill out as much as we can.  Wish me luck!

No comments: