Monday, August 2, 2010

I Need A New Rug, So I Made One Myself (With A Little Help)

My house has all "hardwood" floors.  There is no carpet at all in any of the rooms. Luckily when we moved in, we had two rugs.  We put one in the living room, and it covers enough of the floor to look good.  The second one we put in the kitchen under the table, and for some reason, the corners are falling apart.  See what I mean?

I'm not sure if it's because of the placement of the rug or if it is just because we've had it for a few years now.  The corner in the picture is right in front of the refrigerator, and it is walked on every time someone goes into the kitchen.  It's a very high traffic spot.  I was going to try and sew it up so it stops tearing, but Junior said it's pointless, and we may as well just start looking for a replacement.

As much as I hate to shop, I am looking forward to picking out a new rug.  We aren't allowed to paint the walls here (because it's a rental) so I am hoping to find a rug that has some color in it.  I found this website where you can make your own custom rugs, and check out the one I made:
Isn't it awesome?  My kitchen has black appliances with silver accents, and purple is my favorite color, so this is what I think would look great in that room.  This website has so many different designs to choose from, and once you decide on a design, you get to pick all the colors.  It's seriously like coloring for adults.  Once you have that all done, you can customize the size so that it is a perfect fit for your room.

Now the tricky part is going to be convincing Junior that this rug will look amazing in our kitchen.  He seems to be opposed to anything purple.

No comments: